Tuesday, June 4, 2019

BIRD, DUMA & KIMISOPA RESPOND TO MY ARTICLE

Image may contain: 3 people, text

By Bryan Kramer Madang MP

Following my last article explaining why I was absent from Parliament to cast my vote during the election of Prime Minister Governor of East Sepik, Allan Bird, Member for Hagen, William Duma and former Member for Goroka, Bire Kimisopa issued responses taking offence to it.
Governor Bird responded claiming I have my own version of events which is not entirely correct, that I was never part of his team
"Hon Kramer needs a new enemy and has chosen the team he left as his new enemy" Bird said in his recent statement.
While the Governor made many numerous comments in response to my article the more notable ones included
"One MP was never part of any team, he has chosen to vilify the entire Opposition. I think the Opposition made a huge mistake taking BK in. He has used that opportunity to destroy us," Governor Bird said.
Duma issued a formal press statement saying he found my article about what supposedly happened between him and Patrick Pruaitch at Laguna to be offensive and insulting to say the least. He concluded with what appears to be veil threat that I should be careful in what I say and work as a team player.
Meanwhile out of left field the former Member for Goroka Bire Kimisopa took the opportunity to lecture me on lacking conviction and guts to vote on the floor of Parliament.
"Your absence on the floor cannot be excused, it's one thing to be hold up in the your office and let friends stand alone during this watershed moment." Kimisopa said.
"Your Facebook followers did not vote for you, and never will, but your good people of Madang will always be there for you and hopefully you restore your faith. I believe in your leadership and hopefully restore my confidence in you" Kimisopa concluded.
My Response in brief:
Each gentlemen raised the same issue of me failing to be part of a team and not letting your friends down.
Governor Bird said I'm not a team player, this is correct where the team are part of a deceitful scheme that involves Peter O'Neill and after their scheme failed abused the public trust and tried to cover it up.
Duma claims my article was offensive and insulting to say the least, well if I'm known for anything, its saying the least on any issue of corruption, lies and deceit.
Mr Kimisopa, talks about leaving my friends alone who stood there and voted with their hearts. It's clear he either knows absolutely nothing about what his friends where upto when they agreed to nominate Peter O'Neill in his bid for re-election or perhaps he does and was even party to it.
While Kimisopa's advice is noted my own advice to him being in future before making a public statement offering your misguided advice, you have my number and knowing we communicate from time to time, you could have just called me.
For your information I did not seek public office to gain your confidence, nor have Madang people lost faith in my leadership , so I'm not sure what authority you have to suggest they have. Madang people mandated me to fight corruption. I campaigned on that policy, including the message that Madang would rise and change the country. Not one person can deny we haven't achieved that outcome and will continue to do so. While I would never claim it was one man's achievement Madang people certainly took the lead by elevating me to the national level to ensure the job gets done.
I will conclude on this point, my article was 1,300 words long, while all three gentlemen took offence to it, not one of them bothered to dispute a single issue raised in it.
I've noted the issues highlighted in their responses and will respond to each separately once I've published Part 2.
If there is one lesson social media provides its unless you are defending the truth of an issue then best to remain silent because anything and everything you say or do maybe used against you, even when you may not mean what you say at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Cashless in China as I study for my PhD

                                WeChat and Alipay digital payment applications By BETTY GABRIEL WAKIA - posted on PNG Attitude Blog PORT MOR...