Friday, June 14, 2019

Our Women to Play Greater Role in Policing

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

By Bryan Kramer - Minister for Police & Madang MP

Today I had the privilege to accompany the Prime Minister Hon. James Marape and fellow Ministers to inspect the progress of Australian Government funded Angau Hosptial Redevelopment project in Lae. 

During the event Members of the Force asked me if it was ok to take to a picture with them. 

I wish to announce that under the leadership of Marape Steven Government and in my capacity as Minister for Police our women will play a greater role in policing throughout the country.

While Members of Force face challenges in serving our country our women in blue face unspeakable difficulties, not because of their lack of ability or performance but discrimination for being a woman.

I wish to put every member of the force on notice from the lowest rank F/C to the Commissioner of Police I will be making it my business to stamp out gender bias and sexual harassment within the force. While I understand there are processes within the administration of the Force to deal with such incidents I will ensure every complaint is dealt with on a timely basis and are not swept aside.

I encourage any female member of the force who has been a victim or continues to be a victim of such practices to contact my office or message me directly.

A priority of the Marape Steven Government is restoring discipline and pride in each and every Member of our Police Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Cashless in China as I study for my PhD

                                WeChat and Alipay digital payment applications By BETTY GABRIEL WAKIA - posted on PNG Attitude Blog PORT MOR...