Wednesday, June 19, 2019

STATEMENT BY PRIME MINISTER JAMES MARAPE

Image may contain: 8 people, people smiling, people standing

By Prime Minister James Marape


Good evening all, I have been advised many in FB discussing me traveling on economy class yesterday, and may I say whilst it may break protocol, I have my own reasons of doing this , infact those in air niugini government liaison know that sometimes back before I become PM I told them I will be traveling economy class. 

So I am just doing what I have been doing even as FM before I have declined state purchase of business class. So in this matter or others like me going to church, or visiting a cripple supporter etc , are not matters for public discussions or commendations, they are personal choices and activities so I would appreciate if people don’t go the extra mile trying to offer commendation or analysis.

All human beings are different, we all do things differently. For me now , the hard work begins now and I have assembled my Ministers and all have been given their tasks and this month with the Ministers we will be visiting all departments and agencies and companies of state to find out how they can contribute to the dream of making PNG the richest black Christian nation where no child is left behind by us , through taking back our economy/country.

Those public servant leaders who have the same mind as us will be maintained irrespective of tribal, religion , politics or personal difference. We want to pick the very best leaders of our departments of state to assist us getting our country going in the right direction. This will take a month or two and I ask for your patience. Work thus take time including appointments and other issues of public interest like corruption.

Some of you have your views on corruption or allegations of corruption and incompetence on certain individual, we will give you the cover through whistle blowers act plus ICAC and normal function of police through Minister Brian Kramer’s leaderships, so please bring your complaint and evidences to police so we can get to address them instead of just Facebook and public complaints.

For the time being I don’t need praises but criticism to the way we want to do things so that we all can contribute to development. Too much praise is not good and I am the first to be uncomfortable.

I have set the highest dream any national leader can set for his/her country ( to make png the richest black Christian nation), and I intend to get to work, please inbox my your ideas but not praises or personal requests.

My government owe no one no special favors but our 8 million share holders , the people of our country. Don’t offer no bribe to any public officials, contractors bid at right price and deliver your contracts, companies comply with our laws and do your business in PNG, and to all of us, let us work within provisions of law.

I will release a fb release tomorrow, and I hope our departmental heads pick up from on what our government want to do expanding on what we have said thus far so we can get to measure our performances as a government going forward!

Until then, it’s goodnight now and so far at Singapore meeting all Western Province leaders plus national government and other stakeholders in western province like PNGSDP agrees to find common ground and work together for our Western Province people.

Goodnight!
........................
Hon James Marape
Prime Minister of Papau New Guinea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Cashless in China as I study for my PhD

                                WeChat and Alipay digital payment applications By BETTY GABRIEL WAKIA - posted on PNG Attitude Blog PORT MOR...