Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Future of PNG and Australia looking bright

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

By Hon. James Marape - PNG Prime Minister via Facebook

I am in Australia now upon invitation by PM S Morrison to discuss on how we can better relationship between our two countries shifting away from just being a donor giver and recipient relationship to a truly economical relationship that can benefit both nation.
Without reservation and at all meetings with PM , with Ministers and officials and through Media, Australia knows of my intention to make our country truly economically independent.
I found PM Morrison and his lovely wife Jenny to be not only warm to myself and my wife Rachel and our delegation but his government is friendly and receptive to better understand and relate to contemporary PNG and Pacific.
We both have instructed our Ministers and officials to amalgamate all existing agreements, treaties, MOUs and MOAs into a unified single document that can be a modern blue print of how PNG and Australia can relate going into the 2020s and beyond.
This new direction will be geared towards realizing our shared economic aspirations. Iam presently in Australia selling our country’s fullest potential including pointing towards agriculture ( including livestock and horticulture), tourism, sustainable forestry and fisheries plus secondary industries and downstream processing in all our resource sectors including mining, oil and gas sectors too.
Investors we looking for must be genuine investors including their show of genuineness by fulfilling a new IPA requirement I will issue that will require them to come into our country with minimum $10 million to show us they are genuine company with serious intentions for business.
This Thursday in Sydney I will address lowy Institute and I will attend a breakfast business executive meeting on Friday to point good serious investors our way. I will also be visiting other countries for greater economic partnerships too and in search of genuine investors who will want to give better returns to our land owners, our provinces and our Nation.
We truly have long way to go , but a journey of a thousand miles starts with a first step, we are making few steps now. I have dreamt the highest any one can dream for his/her country, I am willing to burn mid night oil to make it happen.
Save your thank you or criticism to 2029. In 10 years I am to make our nation change for the better. I intend to work with my open and free thinking colleagues to make it happen.
This September 16 my manifesto will come out on the path I intend to take that should lead PNG to become the richest black Christian nation where no child is left behind. It is this hope and vision that drives me on.
May I thank PM Morrison , his lovely wife Jenny and all Ministers and officials of Australia Government for making our stay meaningful and my wife Racheal and I look forward to hosting them next year when they return a visit us in PNG.
JMPM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Cashless in China as I study for my PhD

                                WeChat and Alipay digital payment applications By BETTY GABRIEL WAKIA - posted on PNG Attitude Blog PORT MOR...